Saturday, April 30, 2011

Relay for Life

I have always wanted to go to a Relay for Life event. Last night (Friday April 29th) I was able to go to one with a dear friend and our kids. It was a wonderful time, however I didn't expect it to be as emotional as it was during the lighting of the luminaires. I know on a personal level how cancer can affect someone's life. I am a daughter, granddaughter, niece and cousin of someone who has/had won the battle with cancer but Iam also a niece and cousin of someone who has lost the battle of cancer. Cancer doesn't care how old or young a person is or if they are male or female. It can happen to anyone.
My grandmother has lost three out of her four brothers to cancer and now her only living brother has cancer.
I'm like many out there who would love for a cure to be found. Cancer has taken too many of my love ones away from me. After last night I think I will participate in the walk next year.

No comments:

Banner

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/pookiebannercopy.jpg

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    background


    About Us

    Canyon, Texas, United States
    Tim and Toni met while attending West Texas A&M University. They got married in July 2003 and They had their daughter on July 2005. Their son was born April 2008. Tim is a RN at a hospital in Amarillo. Toni is a Special Education Teacher in Tulia. When they are not working they all stay busy with church, family and friends.